Visit our websiite at www.artandsoulpreschool.com

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Art and Soul Cafe'

I was looking through the many pictures I take each day at school and I almost forgot about our "Art and Soul Cafe."  This is an example of how children are very capable and are eager to help out.  It is also an example of how when children are seen as capable, the experiences stays with them.  This is most often evident in their play, especially dramatic play, as you will see from this experience with the "Art and Soul Cafe'."

It was one of those mornings when both my assistant and myself did not get the chance 
to have our coffee.  If you are a regular coffee drinker or espresso drinker, like myself, you know 
starting the day off like this can be very difficult, however, three little girls came to our rescue.
I asked them if they would like to help make coffee for myself and Irina because we hadn't had our coffee that day.  They were more then happy to help out!
Taking turns, one ground the coffee beans, loaded the espresso pod, and brewed the espresso.  She was natural Barista!
Another Barista got busy steaming the milk for us, we are very "fancy" about our coffee!

Our third Barista added sugar to our coffee.  It was the best cup of coffee I have had in a long time, how could it not be with all that love and cuteness making it!
Later that morning when we were playing outside, the mud kitchen became the cafe'.  
Below you will see our Baristas hard at play.  I just love this example of how life mimics play, and play mimics life.
Mud kitchen Cappuccino.
This was just 2 1/2 weeks ago, it is so weird to see all the snow, when it was 75 degrees outside today.

Cappuccinos and Pie

All the cappuccinos and pies became a big pot of ice coffee! 

I have to say the real coffee looked a lot more tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment