Visit our websiite at www.artandsoulpreschool.com

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Watermelon Mint Pops


I wanted to make a tasty, cool treat for the kids, but didn't want the sugar and the hyperactivity that comes along with the sugar.  One of my favorite refreshers for the summer is to make a watermelon, mint, and honey smoothly, and I thought that would be great for a pop for the kids.

I start by filling up the cup of my rocket blender with watermelon,
I add a couple fresh mint leaves, and a teaspoon of honey.  The mint gives it an extra cooling quality
so it is a nice add in.  Then I blend.
I added the watermelon mixture to small plastic Dixie cup and freeze for at least 1/2 hour before placing pop cycle sticks in.
I add the sticks when the pops are frozen enough to hold them up.  I then cover with plastic wrap and freeze over night.

When you are ready to enjoy them, just warm the cup with your hands, then squeeze and they release from the cups.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment